DUBAI: This traditional Bobó de Camarão (Shrimp Bobo) recipe comes from chef Daniel Magalhães, the head chef at Dubai’s Fogueira situated at Delta Hotels.
The chowder-like shrimp dish is fairly simple to make at home and is delicious served over a bed of white rice. It can also be eaten as a standalone meal.
1kg fresh shrimp
3 cloves of garlic, chopped and kneaded
Juice of 1 lemon
1kg of cassava
3 onions, 1 sliced and 2 grated
1 bay leaf
6 tablespoons of olive oil
2 glasses of coconut milk
1 bunch of chopped parsley
2 cans of ready-made tomato sauce
1 tablespoon of red bell pepper
1 tablespoon of yellow bell pepper
2 green chilies, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of palm oil
1. Wash the shrimp and season with salt, garlic, pepper and lemon, let marinate.
2. Take a pan of water and cook the cassava into small pieces, with bay leaf and onion in slices.
3. When soft, add a glass of coconut milk.
4. Allow to cool a little and beat in the blender.
5. Heat the olive oil, add the grated onion and let it brown.
6. Add the shrimp and fry.
7. Add the cans of tomato sauce, the parsley, the chili and bell pepper and cook for a few minutes.
8. In the same pan, add the cassava beaten in the blender, another glass of coconut milk and palm oil.
Source: AN-Food and Health
Ramadan recipes: Brazilian shrimp stew by Fogueira head chef Daniel Magalhães